Friday, September 24, 2010

Random Bits of Information

Hey Everybody,

I'm a bit overwhelmed with a lot of my work so here is just random stuff.

Easy A - This movie ended up being a lot of fun. It's very clever and consistently funny. Sure I have a few flaws, but for the most part this was a very surprising hit.

I'm Still Here - This is the Joaquin Phoenix "documentary." I hate this film. A lot.


New episode of And the Nominees Are podcast is up on iTunes. For new readers, this is the podcast I have with Keith Jackson and Kenny Jones where we discuss every single Best Picture nominee. This one covers the first half of films from 1937.

I was also a guest on The Film Yap podcast. You can find that on their site or on iTunes. The episode is about "Directors Who Throw Changeups" like how Zack Synder went out of his comfort zone for Legend of the Guardians.


Oh and I realized through a conversation yesterday that I never bothered to post my Top Ten Films of 2009. So better (way) late than never, here you go:

1) The Hurt Locker
2) Inglourious Basterds
3) An Education
4) In the Loop
5) Up
6) Bright Star
7) A Serious Man
8) A Single Man
9) Star Trek
10) Fantastic Mr. Fox

Honorable mentions include Up in the Air, Where the Wild Things Are, Ponyo, Coraline, The Brothers Bloom, Bad Lieutentant: Port of Call New Orleans, Sita Sings the Blues, and Humpday.

That's probably it. Next week I'll have a bunch of DVD reviews and my official review of The Social Network. Get excited!!!!!2!

1 comment:

  1. Good picks. I still have to see Bright Star to see if it really trumps Up in the Air, which according to you is only an honorable mention. Also, I'm surprised Hotel for Dogs isn't on your list.

    I'd probably say:
    1)Inglourious Basterds
    2)A Serious Man
    3)Up
    4)Up in the Air
    5)The Hurt Locker
    6)Star Trek
    7)In the Loop
    8)An Education
    9)Avatar
    10)Coraline

    Honorable mentions to Fantastic Mr. Fox, Ponyo, Brothers Bloom, BLPoCNO, Precious, and A Single Man.

    ReplyDelete